Senior Health Scholarship:
In 1950, we offered an educational scholarship of $25 to a senior girl furthering her education, preferably in nursing. Presently we give a $500 scholarship to a senior who is going on to a career in the health field.
Princeton Public Library:
The Women’s Club organized the first Princeton Public Library on March 11, 1933, with 110 books borrowed from the Wisconsin Free Library Commission and a few books donated by club members and other citizens.
Mrs. Olive Doyle, a Woman’s Club member, was the first librarian
and served for many years, donating her services.
The first year the library was located in the upper rooms of the
Nickodem building (now 545 Water Street). Later, it was moved to more
spacious quarters in the upper story of the Dr. A.F. Giese building (now 427 Water
Street). The rooms were redecorated, and interested people made shelves,
and donated drapes, chairs, and tables.
With added costs of utilities for the larger place, the city began
contributing in 1935.
In 1947, we had a Tag Day which netted $128.00 for the library.
In March 1948, the library moved to the downtown Stern building,
which Mrs. Adeline Stern donated to the City in 1965 as a memorial to her
late husband, Hugo, and herself.
That location served many years until in 1985 funds were raised to build a newer, larger, and more modern library.
The Women’s Club still includes the library in its annual budget for a cash donation.
Princeton Chamber of Commerce:
Princeton Women’s Club is a member of the Princeton Chamber of Commerce and hosts the food booth at Princeton Flea Market .